Admission procedure consists of:
1. Completion and submission of application form
2. Aptitude test and personal interview
3. Notification and acceptance of admission
Application Form (choose one):
Online Application Form (Click here)
Hardcopy Application Form (Click here)
Completion and submission of application form:
Completed application form must reach IIJNM by no later than June 10, 2017. Late applicants may submit completed form and supporting documents after this date, which may be considered for admission if vacancies are still available. Please ensure all answers are written (or printed legibly) and the form is signed and dated.
Note: Early applicants may submit their applications prior to March 31, 2017 for consideration. We encourage submitting applications early to assure quick completion of the admission process to the limited number of seats (see Fees & Payments--www.iijnm.org/admissions-fees.html--for concession in fees given to early applicants). Those awaiting college examination results may be given conditional admission.
The following must be submitted to the Admissions Committee:
All applicants must submit online or mail the following to the Admissions Committee at the address given below:
1. Completed application form.
2. Photocopy of official transcripts of academic records from undergraduate, graduate and/or professional institutions attended (when available). Those awaiting final examination results may submit copy of the transcripts when they become available.
3. Application essay: Describe a recent event that has received major national or international attention, how the news impacted you, and why you wish to pursue a career in journalism. (Between 650 and 750 words.)
4. The Rs. 1,000 application-processing fee by credit card or bank draft or pay order (payable at Bangalore) and drawn in favour of “IIJNM Bangalore.”
5. Supporting material (if any) such as writing samples (published), record of achievements, etc.
Applications must be sent to:
Admissions Processing Office
Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media
No. 502, 5th ‘C’ Main, 5th Cross, 2nd Block
HRBR Layout, Kalyana Nagar, Bangalore –560 043 India
Tel: 080-2545 2564 / 2545 2565; Fax: 080-2545 2563
|Early application (with a concession of Rs. 10,000)
||March 31, 2017
|Regular Applications deadline
||June 10, 2017
|Aptitude test and personal interview dates
|April: 10, and 27
|May: 4, 5, 24, 25 and 26
|June: 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 21, 22, 27 and 28
|Academic year commences
||July 10, 2017
Written test and personal interview:
Applicants who are notified must take the aptitude test at IIJNM campus in Bangalore. This will be followed by a personal interview on the same day.
Campus Visit (Optional):
While it is not mandatory, applicants are encouraged to visit IIJNM campus before any stage in the applicaion process at their convenience after emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 days in advance. You can also call +91 78292 40368 to schedule a visit.