Admission procedure consists of:
1. Completion and submission of application form
2. Aptitude test and personal interview
3. Notification and acceptance of admission
Application Form (choose one):
On-line Application Form (Click here)
Hardcopy Application Form (Click here)
The following must be submitted to the Admissions Committee:
All applicants must submit online or mail the following to the Admissions Committee at the address given below:
1. Completed application form.
2. Photocopy of official transcripts of academic records from undergraduate, graduate and/or professional institutions attended (when available). Those awaiting final examination results may submit copy of the transcripts when they become available.
3. Application essay: Describe a recent event that has received major national or international attention, how the news impacted you, and why you wish to pursue a career in journalism. (Between 650 and 750 words.)
4. The Rs. 1,000 application-processing fee by credit card or bank draft or pay order (payable at Bangalore) and drawn in favour of “IIJNM Bangalore.”
5. Supporting material (if any) such as writing samples (published), record of achievements, etc.
Hardcopy applications must be sent to:
If you choose to mail typewritten (or handwritten) applications, courier mail completed form with required enclosures to:
Admissions Processing Office
Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media
No. 502, 5th ‘C’ Main, 5th Cross, 2nd Block
HRBR Layout, Kalyana Nagar, Bangalore –560 043 India
Tel: 080-2545 2564 / 2545 2565
Fax: 080-2545 2563
Written test and personal interview:
Applicants who are notified must take the aptitude test at IIJNM campus in Bangalore. This will be followed by a personal interview on the same day.
Campus Visit (Optional):
While it is not mandatory, applicants are encouraged to visit IIJNM campus before any stage in the applicaion process at their convenience after emailing us at email@example.com at least 3 days in advance. You can also call +91 78292 40368 to schedule a visit.